Some Amazing Facts about God Of Cricket :
- During the 1987 World Cup, Sachin was a ball boy for the match between India and Zimbabwe at the Wankhede Stadium. He was 14 then.
- Sachin Tendulkar fielded for Pakistan as a substitute during a one-day practice match against India at the Brabourne Stadium in 1988.
- Sachin Tendulkar was the first international batsman to be given out by a third-umpire in 1992 , guess who is the fielder , Jhonty Rhodes
- In his debut Test match, English fast bowler Alan Mullally complained that Sachin Tendulkar was batting with a bat broader than the normal willow.
- Sachin Tendulkar was without a bat contract until the start of the 1996 Cricket World Cup. At the end of the tournament, a famous tyre manufacturer sponsored his willow.
- Sachin Tendulkar went to watch the movie Roja in 1995 with a beard and disguise. It all went wrong when his glasses fell off and the crowd in the cinema hall recognized him.
- In October 1995, Sachin became the richest cricketer when he signed a five-year contract worth Rs 31.5 crore with World Tel.
The Best of all :
Out of the 2086 ODI cricketers played till date, 2073 have not even managed to score half of Sachin Tendulkar’s total ODI runs in their own ODI career.
That is almost 99.37% cricketers !