59 total views, 1 views today
Kolkata Knight Riders set the IPL alight right from the outset, with a stunning win in the first ever game against Royal Challengers Bangalore, on the back of Brendon McCullum’s 158*. They have also won the IPL twice, in 2012 and 2014, under arguably their most successful captain Gautam Gambhir.
KKR have broken several records in the IPL. Here’s a look at five:
- KKR are the only team to bowl out an opponent under 50 in IPL history. KKR skittle RCB for 49 in the 2017 season in their chase of 132 on a lively Eden Gardens pitch.
- KKR were also the first team to register a 100-and-150-plus score in IPL history. It took place in the first match of the inaugural reason when McCullum smashed 158 against RCB at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- In that same match, McCullum hit 118 runs in boundaries during his unbeaten 158, the second-highest aggregate of runs scored in boundaries in the IPL.
- Sunil Narine’s economy rate of 6.58 is the joint lowest, tied with Shaun Pollock, for bowlers who have bowled a minimum of 250 balls.
- Narine has also taken a four-wicket haul or higher seven times in IPL history, the most for any bowler.
— KolkataKnightRiders (@KKRiders) 18 December 2018