467 total views, 7 views today
West Indies were very close to handing Australia a surprise defeat, but Starc and Coulter-Nile’s brilliance ensured that it wasn’t meant to be. Here’s a look at some interest stats from the close-fought battle!!
- Australia made a miraculous recovery from been 38/4 to 288/10. It was the second best in World Cup history after 4 cheap wickets
- Coulter-Nile’s 92 was the best score by a tailender (No. 8-11) in World Cups. It is only behind Woakes’ 95* in ODIs overall
- In the course of his match winning innings, Coulter-Nile also managed a whopping SR of 153.36 was also a record in itself
- Mitchell Starc, Australia’s star with the ball, became the fastest bowler to 150 ODI wickets achieving the feat in mere 77 matches
- Chris Gayle became only the third West Indian to score more than a thousand runs (1007*) in World Cups
- It was the first time since April 2015 that Windies managed to pick 4 wickets in first 10 overs