146 total views, 1 views today
The supposed mega-encounter, the clash of the southern kings, clearly didn’t live up to its billing, as RCB produced a sub-par performance to give CSK victory by 7 wickets.
Here are some interesting statistics from the day’s play:
- RCB has become the first team to register 3 totals under 75 in the Indian Premier League.
- Suresh Raina has become the first player to score 5000 runs in the Indian Premier League. Virat Kohli is a close second at 4954.
- Harbhajan now has the joint-most number of wickets against RCB in IPL, tied with Ashish Nehra, at 23 wickets apiece. Interestingly, Ashish Nehra is now the bowling coach of RCB.
- This is CSK’s 7th consecutive victory against RCB, dating all the way back from 2014, to now.
- This is the 3rd consecutive loss for RCB in its first game of the tournament (2017,2018,2019). Interestingly, the side won 6 consecutive opening games of the tournament from 2011-2016.
- This is the second time a sub-100 score has been recorded in the 12 IPL tournament openers till date (excluding CSK’s chase). The first time was also by RCB (82, in the very first game in IPL, 2008).