132 total views, 1 views today
– M Sanjay Rangharajhan
KXIP registered a magnificent comeback victory against DD yesterday. They were down and out, before Curran and Shami brought them back from the dead.
Here’s a look at the best statistics from the KXIP-DD game yesterday:
- Sam Curran, approaching 21 years of age, is the youngest player to take an IPL hat-trick. The previous holder of this record was Rohit Sharma, who was 22 when he took his hat-trick in the 2009 season.
- KXIP’s head-to-head record against Delhi now stands at 14-9. The only other existing team against whom KXIP have won more than they have lost is RCB.
- Sam Curran, with his 4-11, now has the second-best bowling returns at an IPL match in Mohali. Only Mascarenhas (5-25) is ahead of him.
- Shikhar Dhawan scored at a strike-rate of 120 yesterday. In fact, his overall IPL strike-rate is a very unflattering 123. Among the top-10 highest run-getters in IPL, Dhawan has the poorest strike-rate.
- This is now KXIP’s 5th consecutive victory at Mohali.