126 total views, 1 views today
It was a clash between 2 teams that were yet to get off the mark in the IPL. In the end, RR prevailed over a hapless RCB to register their first win of the tournament.
Here’s a look at some statistics from the game:
- This is the 3rd time Shreyas Gopal has dismissed AB de Villiers in the 3 games he has played against him.
- Shreyas Gopal against RCB is quite the treat: An economy of 4.16, an average of 5.55 and a strike rate of 8! His overall bowling figures against RCB: 12-1-50-9. Simply stunning!
- Virat Kohli played his 100th game as RCB captain yesterday. Only Dhoni and Gambhir are ahead of him in IPL, in terms of most matches as captain.
- Virat Kohli has now scored 342 runs against RR in IPL, but it has taken him 337 balls to do so. He has just 2 fifties against RR, and his average against RR is a mere 21.3, his worst against any IPL team.
- Parthiv Patel’s half-century yesterday was just his 12th in all IPL, in 127 innings. Those are poor returns, considering he has almost always opened for his team. His strike-rate is a low 119 as well.