138 total views, 1 views today
In the end, a heavily hyped-up contest turned out to quite a farcical affair, with MI comfortably beating arch-rivals CSK.
Here’s a look at the best stats from the day’s play:
- This was the 25th meeting between CSK and MI in IPL. MI now lead the head-to-head 14-11, and are the only active team against which CSK have lost more games than they’ve won.
- Hardik Pandya’s strike-rate yesterday was 312.5, after scoring 25*(8). This is the second highest-strike rate in an innings ever for MI, after Pollard’s 346.15 against the Daredevils in 2010.
- Dwayne Bravo took his 100th wicket for CSK in the IPL yesterday, with the wicket of Suryakumar Yadav.
- MI scored 45 runs in the last 2 overs of their innings, the joint-highest for the final 2 overs in all IPL.
- MI recorded their 100th win in IPL yesterday, and are the first team to get there. CSK are close behind at 93, despite having missed 2 entire seasons.