113 total views, 1 views today
It was brutal. It was astounding. It was absolute carnage. Andre Russell was again the shining Knight in armor, as KKR came back from the dead to consign RCB to their fifth consecutive defeat.
Here is a look at some statistics from the game:
- This is the 3rd time RCB have lost after posting exactly 205 in their first innings. The previous 2 instances were both against CSK, in 2012 and 2018.
- Andre Russell has now inspired KKR to 2 successful chases after the equation read 53 from 18 balls. It had never been done before in IPL, and KKR, i.e, Russell, have already done it twice.
- Parthiv Patel and Kohli have virtually identical stats after 5 games this IPL. Parthiv has 163 runs vs Kohli’s 162; Parthiv strike-rate is 125 vs Kohli’s 126; Parthiv averages 32.6 vs Kohli’s 32.4; Parthiv has 20 fours and 2 sixes vs Kohli’s 18 fours and 2 sixes; Parthiv and Kohli both have 1 50+ score.
- This IPL, Andre Russell has hit 22 sixes, more than the top 2 run-getters (Warner and Bairstow) put together. He has faced only 77 balls this season, and that means he hits a six every 3.5 balls, which is simply mind-boggling!
- AB de Villiers scored his 30th IPL fifty yesterday, while it was half century No.35 for King Kohli.