91 total views, 1 views today
It was a clash of the table-toppers in the 2019 IPL, and yet it appeared as though only one team showed up for the contest. An abject KKR batting display was swept aside by a dominant CSK, who coasted to their 5th victory in 6 games.
Here’s a look at the best stats from the day’s play:
- 108/9 is KKR’s lowest total after batting out 20 overs. Their previous lowest after batting 20 overs was 119/9, also against CSK.
- Andre Russell now has an average of 35.1 for KKR. The only player with a higher average for KKR is his Russell’s captain Dinesh Karthik, with an average of 42.07.
- Deepak Chahar has bowled 73 dot balls this season, the most by any bowler.
- Deepak Chahar has the third best overall economy rate for a CSK bowler, going at just 6.78 runs an over, that too in the Powerplay. The two bowlers ahead of him are Muralitharan and Ashwin.
- CSK continue their stunning streak at Chepauk, and have now lost just one of their last 17 games at home.