144 total views, 1 views today
It was a day Mumbai won’t ever forget, a day when an under-fire Kieron Pollard was made stand-in captain, and produced one of the most extraordinary innings in IPL history to help MI pull off an incredible heist.
Here’s a look at some numbers from the MI-KXIP game:
- Kieron Pollard hit 10 sixes in his innings last night. He is now joint-second on the list of most sixes in a player’s innings while chasing, along with Adam Gilchrist. Only Sanath Jayasuriya is ahead, with 11 sixes.
- Considering scores of above 80 in an innings, Kieron Pollard has the third best strike-rate of 267.74, only behind Suresh Raina’s 348 and Yusuf Pathan’s 270.2
- Pollard scored 72 runs in fours and sixes yesterday, out of his 83. That is a boundary percentage of 86.7!
- This run chase of 197 is Mumbai Indians’ second highest successful run-chase. They had previously chased down 198 in 2017, also against KXIP.
- Hardik Pandya conceded 57 runs in his 4 overs yesterday. These are the second worst figures for a Mumbai Indians bowler in IPL, just behind Lasith Malinga’s 58 runs. Incidentally, Malinga’s ‘display’ was also against KXIP in 2017, the same match that was talked about in the previous stat.