64 total views, 1 views today
IPL 2019 has arrived, and how! On a day that saw maverick innings being played and fortunes swinging wildly, there were plenty of numbers to be crunched.
Here are some statistics from Day 2 of IPL 2019.
- The Delhi franchises (DD and DC) have now beaten the Mumbai Indians 12 times, the most by any team in the IPL.
- 53 runs being scored successfully of the last 3 overs of a chase is the first occurrence of its kind in IPL. So many runs have never been scored of the final 3 overs ever before, although CSK once chased 43 of 12, thanks to an Albie Morkel special.
- In his last 8 innings in the IPL, Rishabh Pant has scored 535 runs in 287 balls, at a strike-rate of 186.4.
- Mumbai Indians have lost their opening fixture for the seventh successive season.
- David Warner is the first player to make 40 scores of 50+ in IPL. Virat Kohli is a close second at 38.
- With a cutoff of a minimum of 50 sixes, Andre Russell is the only player in IPL to hit more sixes than fours (72 sixes, 69 fours).