56 total views, 1 views today
It was a day when the two bottom placed teams of the IPL, RCB and RR registered wins at their opponents’ fortresses, Mohali and Mumbai respectively. RCB got their first win of the season, while it was RR’s second victory in 7 games.
Here are some interesting stats from the day’s play.
- This was KXIP’s first loss at Mohali since 2017. They had won 7 games on the trot at Mohali before losing to RCB yesterday.
- This is the first time Gayle, Kohli and de Villiers have all scored half-centuries in the same match. It didn’t happen in 7 years of playing together for RCB.
- Chris Gayle recorded an unprecedented 100th score of 50+ in T20 cricket, with his 99* against RCB yesterday.
- Alzarri Joseph conceded 53 runs in his 3 overs yesterday. This is the most expensive 3 over spell by a bowler in IPL, and is the second most expensive bowling spell for MI this season, after Pandya’s 2-57 against KXIP.
- For individual scores above 75 for RR in IPL, Jos Buttler has the second highest strike rate in an innings, of 207, after his effort yesterday. Only Yusuf Pathan is ahead of him, with a SR of 270, when he scored a 100 of just 37 balls.