106 total views, 1 views today
In a Saturday double header, RR hosted MI in the first match, while the 3rd and 4th placed teams in Delhi and Punjab battled it out at the Ferozshah Kotla in the second. Here’s a round up of a few interesting stats from the two matches.
- This is only the second time that a team has managed to beat Mumbai Indians in 4 consecutive meetings. While RR did it in 2018-19, CSK achieved it in 2014-15.
- On the other hand, DC overcame KXIP hurdle for the first time in 5 matches.
- Ashton Turner became only the second batsman after Jesse Ryder (2009) to be dismissed on a duck in his first 2 IPL matches.
- 60 vs MI was RR’s second highest Powerplay score of the season.
- Shikhar Dhawan, in his innings of 56, became first ever player to hit 500 fours in IPL.