252 total views, 1 views today
Royal Challengers Bangalore, for the second time in IPL 2019, got the better of Kings XI Punjab. A match with numerous twists and turns eventually saw RCB win convincingly. Here are a few numbers to look at from the match :
- RCB’s score of 70/1 is the second highest powerplay score of IPL 2019. Interestingly, KXIP’s 68/1 in reply is their best powerplay score of the season too.
- 48 runs scored off the last 2 overs by RCB is the highest ever scored by a team in the last 2 overs in IPL history.
- In his quickfire 42 of 27 balls, KL Rahul reached the milestone of 3000 T20 runs, with the second best average of 39.85 in that elite club.
- Moeen Ali scored his first boundary in the 7th over. It took RCB 44 balls to hit their first boundary post that, explaining the grapple gold Kings XI spinners created.
- AB de Villiers and Marcus Stoinis’ 121* run partnership is the highest 5th wicket partnership for RCB in IPL.