69 total views, 1 views today
A high-scoring match between KKR and KXIP on Day 5 of the IPL saw the former prevail at Kolkata. Andre Russell once again produced a match-changing innings, and was adjudged the Man of the Match.
Let’s take a look at some interesting statistics from the day’s play:
- Mayank Agarwal finally crossed 1000 runs in IPL, after making his debut in 2011. He is the second-slowest to the landmark, after getting there in 61 innings. Irfan Pathan took 66 innings to get there.
- KKR’s 218-4 yesterday is now the highest total made at Eden Gardens, overtaking the 210 made by Mumbai Indians, which was the previous highest.
- Varun Chakravarthy conceded 25 runs in his first over on IPL debut. In his previous breakthrough TNPL, there was only one occasion when he conceded more than 25 runs in his entire spell!
- KKR have 2 totals higher than their 218-4 against KXIP yesterday. They scored 245-6 against KXIP last year, and made 222-3 in the first game in IPL history.
- Sunil Narine played his 100th IPL game yesterday, against his favourite opponents KXIP. In his 100 games, Narine has taken 112 wickets. He has also scored 652 runs, at an incredible strike-rate of 171.1.