194 total views, 1 views today
– By M Sanjay Rangharajhan
It was runs galore at the Rajiv Gandhi Cricket Stadium yesterday, as the bowlers took an absolute pounding. In the end, a strong SRH side prevailed over a fighting RR.
Here are some statistics from the game:
- Sanju Samson became the 11th player to score multiple hundreds in IPL, the others being Gayle, Kohli, Warner, Watson, de Villiers, McCullum, Sehwag, Amla, Gilchrist and Vijay.
- Including Samson’s century, the last 4 centuries in IPL have all come against SRH. Going a little further back, 5 out of the last 6 centuries have come against SRH, with the other one being against, well, RR.
- SRH recorded their highest successful chase in IPL, after mowing down 198 with an over to spare yesterday.
- Jos Buttler got dismissed for a single digit score after 7 successive innings of 30+ scores in IPL.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar equalled his worst bowling analysis in IPL yesterday, after conceding 55 runs in 4 overs. He conceded exactly that many in the 2016 IPL season as well.