140 total views, 1 views today
– By M Sanjay Rangharajhan
The IPL just keeps getting better and better. From controversy after controversy in the last few days to pure drama yesterday, the IPL has already had it all.
Here’s a look at some interesting statistics from the KXIP-MI and the DC-KKR games yesterday:
- Prithvi Shaw became the second batsman to be dismissed on 99 in the IPL. The other batsman is Virat Kohli, who was dismissed on 99 in the 2013 IPL.
- KKR have played 3 Super-overs in IPL, and have lost all 3.
- Andre Russell crossed 1000 runs in his IPL career in the match vs DC yesterday. He is the fastest to get there in terms of balls faced, having faced a mere 545 balls!
- KXIP lost just 2 wickets in their second innings yesterday, while scoring 177. This is their second best effort for the loss of just 2 wickets in the second innings, after scoring 204-2 in the 2010 IPL.
- Kieron Pollard played his 135th game for MI in the IPL yesterday, Only Harbhajan Singh is slightly ahead of him, with 136 games. 2 more games, and Pollard will become the most capped player in MI’s history.