101 total views, 1 views today
– M Sanjay Rangharajhan
It was runs, runs and more runs yesterday, save for one tragic innings from RCB. The double-header Sunday was a mix of both complete domination by SRH and a narrow escape by CSK.
Here is a look at some statistics from yesterday’s games.
- SRH’s innings yesterday was the fourth instance of 2 batsman scoring hundreds in the same innings of a T20. Out of these 4 instances, AB de Villiers was present on the field on 3 occasions.
- David Warner, courtesy his century yesterday is now second on the list of players with most runs against RCB, with 669 runs. MS Dhoni is ahead of him by 41 runs.
- Prayas Ray Barman’s figures of 0-56 from 4 overs yesterday was the third-most expensive spell by a bowler on IPL debut.
- From April 2014 to yesterday, CSK have played 15 games at the MA Chidambaram Stadium. They have lost only 1.
- Unadkat’s spell of 1-54 yesterday was the most expensive spell by an Indian bowler for RR in the last 7 years. The previous ‘record’ was held by Amit Singh, who conceded 55 runs in the 2012 season. It later turned out that Amit Singh was a bookie, and he was arrested in the 2013 spot-fixing controversy.