76 total views, 1 views today
A festival of shot making was what Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders seemed to celebrate. Meanwhile, Royal Challengers Bangalore’s loss to Delhi Capitals meant their campaign was all but over. Here are a few stats from the Sunday double-header
- Delhi Capitals became the second team after Chennai Super Kings to qualify for the playoffs. This is the first time since 2012, that Delhi has achieved this feat.
- RCB celebrated an infamous record of reaching 100 T20 losses in 12 years.
- Hardik Pandya scored the fastest 50 of the season(17 balls). It was also the joint-fastest ever by a Mumbai Indians batsman.
- 91(34) was Hardik Pandya’s highest ever IPL score.
- Kolkata Knight Riders registered the highest score of the season(232/2). The score was also the second highest ever against MI.
- Piyush Chawla became only the third bowler in IPL to take 150 wickets.
- Andre Russell attained the prestigious feat of hitting 50 sixes in a season.
- 75 from the last 5 overs by KKR was IPL’s third best score in the overs 15-20.