38 total views, 2 views today
IPL 2019 is scheduled to begin on March 23, with the World Cup to follow closely after. Will Chennai Super Kings defend their title? Or can Virat Kohli and RCB win their first IPL? We take a look at six records that could be broken in this year’s IPL.
- Chris Gayle needs eight more sixes to become first the player to hit 300 sixes in IPL history.
- If MS Dhoni hits 14 more sixes this season, he would become the first Indian to strike 100 sixes in the IPL.
- Suresh Raina and Virat Kohli are 15 and 52 runs away respectively from becoming the first to score 5000 IPL runs.
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) 19 February 2019
- Dhoni would also become the first IPL captain to register 100 wins if Chennai Super Kings win six more matches under his captaincy.
- Rohit Sharma or Dhoni could become the first captain to win four IPL trophies. Both Rohit and Dhoni have led their respective teams – Mumbai Indians and CSK – to three titles apiece.
- Suresh Raina needs 15 runs and Virat Kohli needs 52 runs to become first cricketer to score 5000 runs in IPL history.
- Amit Mishra, the legspinner, requires four more wickets to become the first spinner to take 150 wickets in IPL history. If he reaches the landmark, he will become the second bowler to 150 wickets, after Lasith Malinga.