16 total views, 2 views today
India recorded a historic ODI series win in New Zealand. Sri Lanka scripted an incredible victory against South Africa in a Test. And West Indies thrashed England in the Test series in the Caribbean. Here are some key stats from February:
- During the first ODI against England, Chris Gayle became the first player to hit 100 sixes against an opponent in international cricket.
- Gayle also broke Shahid Afrid’s record (476 sixes) for most international sixes during the first ODI against England.
- Rohit Sharma became the first Indian batsman to smash 100 sixes in T20Is. He also became the leading run-getter in T20Is.
- MS Dhoni became the first Indian to play 300 T20 matches.
- South Africa ended Pakistan’s streak of 11 consecutive T20I series wins.
- Kusal Perera (153 not out) recorded the highest ever score by a Sri Lankan in the fourth innings in a winning cause.
- Ross Taylor became the leading run-scorer for New Zealand in ODI cricket history, going past Stephen Fleming’s tally of 8007 runs.